Most of us watch YouTube videos on daily basis for entertainment, education, tip and trick etc. but there are a lot of incredible YouTube statistics and facts you don’t know.
I love numbers and statistics, so if you are like me, and want to know some interesting figures that will help you to develop a successful video marketing strategies for your channel or business then you are on the right webpage.
YouTube by Numbers – Statistics, Demographics and Facts 2020
YouTube stats listed here helps you to understand about YouTube audience around the world.
YouTube Statistics 2020
- 2 billion (almost one-third of the internet) monthly active users on YouTube.
- 30 million daily active users on YouTube.
- 1 million YouTube TV paying subscribers.
- 1 billion hours videos watched daily.
- 1 billion YouTube views comes from mobile daily.
- 500 hours per minute videos uploaded on YouTube.
- 31 million YouTube channels as of 2019.
YouTube Demographics (United States)
YouTube user demographics shows U.S. based audience stats which is growing faster year-by-year. According to the survey by Pew Research Center 51% people watch YouTube videos on daily basis. Below are the some interesting numbers of USA audience.
- 73% U.S. adults use YouTube.
- 78% U.S. men use YouTube.
- 68% U.S. women use YouTube.
- 77% U.S. of age 15-25 use YouTube.
- 77% U.S. of age 26-35 use YouTube.
- 73% U.S. of age 36-45 use YouTube.
- 70% U.S. of age 46-55 use YouTube.
- 67% U.S. of age 56+ use YouTube.
- 83% U.S. people makes $75,000/year.
- 17% monthly site traffic comes from U.S.
- 126 million unique monthly viewers are U.S. based.
General YouTube Facts and Stats
- YouTube is on #2 rank for most visited site worldwide.
- Google bought YouTube for $1.65 billion in 9 Oct. 2006.
- 1st YouTube video uploaded on 23 April 2005 called Me at the Zoo.
- YouTube TV commercial services launched in 2017.
- YouTube is localized in over 100 countries
- YouTube is accessible in 80 different languages
- YouTube made $15.1 billion in ad revenue in fiscal 2019.
- 720p HD video support announced in 2008.
- 1080p video support announced in 2010.
- 4K format are coming to YouTube.
- 9,000+ partners using Content ID including movie studios and record labels.
- 800 million videos since Content ID was implemented.
- 75 million active reference files in YouTube’s Content ID database.
YouTube User Statistics
People from all over the world know that YouTube is #1 video sharing site. However, YouTube competitors also have strong base of audience and popularity on the web. Here is the list of 17 YouTube alternatives.
- The number of channels earning $100,000/Y (6 figures) increases by 40%.
- The number of channels earning $10,000/Y (5 figures) increases by 50%.
- The number of channels with 1,000,000 subscribers increased by 65% every year.
- 6-Year-Old Ryan (Channel name: ToysReview) made $11 million in 2017.
- T-Series (3.92 billion monthly views) – most viewed channel worldwide.
- T-Series (159 million subscribers) – most subscribers channel worldwide.
- Luis Fonsi – Despacito (7 billion views) – most popular video worldwide.
- 4 in 5 people says digital videos helps them learn new things.
- 90% of people says they discover new brands or products on YouTube.
- 55% of shoppers say they use online video while shopping.
- 2 YouTube channels with more than 100 million+ subscribers.
- 16k YouTube channels with more than 1 million+ subscribers.
- 160k YouTube channels with more than 100k+ subscribers.
YouTube Advertising Statistics
The largest market of YouTube is the United States and there is no surprise that YouTube is extremely powerful video-sharing platform among the marketers. If you are a marketer or advertiser and planning to run ads on YouTube platform you need to know these numbers.
- 70% watch time comes from mobile devices.
- 63% businesses post video content.
- 51% marketers run YouTube video ads.
- 79% of marketers consider YouTube as the most effective video marketing platform.
- 70% of YouTube short ads drive a significant lift in brand awareness.
- 90% of YouTube ads drive a lift in ad recall.
- 33% of YouTube large advertising customers use 6 second bumper ads.
- 62% of ad time on YouTube mobile receives the viewers attention.
- 95% of YouTube ads are audible as per Think with Google.
- 93% of YouTube ads are viewable.
Starting a YouTube channel is just like building your own business. Above, we looked at YouTube stats, demographics and some interesting facts that will helps you understand about YouTube audience around the world and start a new channel.
The above statistics last updated on 30 Oct. 2020.